Packing Boxes for Shipment to DRC
In September 2016, MiHEC board members and volunteers in Fort Collins, Colorado (USA) packed plastic bins of donated children’s goods, medical supplies, and school supplies for shipment to orphanages in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. The bins were then loaded into a shipping container in Denver, and the shipment by boat commenced in October 2016.
The Supplies Shipped
The items shipped to orphanages and hospitals in DRC include the following:
- Box 1: feminine pads, doctors’ smocks, bed pads, baby bottles, syringes, baby clothes, plastic basins and containers
- Box 2A: bed pads, syringes, small pads, wash cloths, velcro pads, plastic containers, gauze and bandages
- Box 2B: doctors’ smocks, syringes, needles, plastic containers, plastic pitchers, plastic mats
- Box 3A: syringes, tubing, washcloths, needles, face masks, rubber gloves, doctors’ smocks, bed pads
- Box 3B: rubber gloves, gauze, Velcro bands, bandages, plastic pitchers, doctors’ smocks, diabetes syringes, assorted syringes, bed pads
- Box 4A: foam numbers in red boxes, bed pads, rubber gloves, doctors’ smocks, syringes, plastic containers, bed pads
- Box 4B: surgery kit, cleaning sponge kits, catheter kits, bladder catheters
- Box 5: surgery kit, sponge cleanup kits, iodine swab sticks, doctors’ smocks, wash cloths, plastic containers and pitchers, syringes, mop heads, bandages, needles
- Box 6: childrens’ toys and dolls, hair bows, flip flops, notebooks, childrens’ clothes, toothbrushes, underwear, baby wipes, boys’ shoes
MiHEC wants to make another shipment of medical, school supplies and other necessities to Congo again soon. Each x-large box will cost $150.
Please make a donation of $20, $30 or more. Alternatively, please consider making a donation of children’s clothing.
Together we can save orphans’ lives and make a difference in this world. God Bless!!!
Le prochain container d’équipements médicaux, fournitures scolaires et de tant d’autres biens à destination de KINSHASA-RDC est prévu pour 2016.
Le prix est de $150 le carton. Svp, nous vous invitons à visiter le site Web à faire un don d’une modique somme de $20, $30 ou plus. Ensemble nous pouvons faire la différence et sauver la vie de nos bien-aimés congolais. Que Dieu vous bénisse!!!
December 2016 Update
The plastic bins with our donations successfully arrived in Kinshasa!